I hate it when people lie.
Like when my boss said he was buying us lunch this week for the big shelving shift. Where is it? Nowhere.
Why did he even say it? He didn't have to. I come to work everyday with no promise of getting a lunch. But he had to go raise my hopes and pretty soon I'm humming along to Air Supply cause I'm so freakin happy and then he doesn't deliver.
Or when an associate of mine doesn't think s/he is lying because what s/he says isn't untrue, it just hasn't happened yet. And the likelihood of it ever happening is slim. And even if it ever happened, it would happen like ten years from now. But hey, s/he's not lying per se.
And when people like property managers act like they know something when they tell you but they really don't so you can't even pick up your damn mail for over a month.
I am not opposed to all kinds of lying, but I am opposed to:
Lying for no reason
Lying to make yourself look good
Lying inadvertantly due to stupidity
I am in support of the following lying:
Lying to save your skin
Lying to save someone's feelings
Lying for the greater good
So know I will not tell you if I think you're ugly, dumb, or fat. I will not tell you I will buy you a cupcake and then not buy you one. I hope I never lie to you cause I'm stupid, but I can't guarantee that. :)
3 days ago





1 comment:
That sucks. I hate it when people lie about who they are, because they think it will make people like them more. Then after a while they've done it for so long, they loose who they were and actually start to become that other person. And two-faced people. Ya, they suck.
And I'm sorry about the cupcake.
Post a Comment