
For all my mental illni (that's plural for illnesses), I am becoming a very self-aware person. When I'm mangry (manically--not maniacally--angry) I can recognize it. It's a low thrumming anxiety within, the feeling that I'm on the edge of a precipice and about to fall off. I start pacing nervously, speaking tersely, and avoiding all eye contact. Paranoia saturates my senses. There is no obvious trigger, and nothing can calm me down once I start suffering the symptoms.
Except my new favorite drug, Buspar.
Buspar is an anti-addictive anxiety med. Try saying that three times fast. (I just did and I failed miserably.) Without this intervention I devolve quickly into a screaming pile of rage. But 10 mgs of this puppy and the world becomes quite rosy. Suddenly the folks at Cafe Rio who just skimped me on the rice are newfound buddies. Those people at the county health department are not longer involved in a scheme to torment me, though had Mulder investigated it he would have found a little something, I'm sure.
The truth is out there.
But back to my hope in a bottle. I would like to end my post with a tribute to that which is white and wonderful:
O little buspar pill
With you I feel not ill
My mangriness subsides
and I can go for rides
on rainbow coaster cars
and capture twinkly stars
O life is yummy
when you're in my tummy
O little buspar pill.
Except my new favorite drug, Buspar.
Buspar is an anti-addictive anxiety med. Try saying that three times fast. (I just did and I failed miserably.) Without this intervention I devolve quickly into a screaming pile of rage. But 10 mgs of this puppy and the world becomes quite rosy. Suddenly the folks at Cafe Rio who just skimped me on the rice are newfound buddies. Those people at the county health department are not longer involved in a scheme to torment me, though had Mulder investigated it he would have found a little something, I'm sure.
The truth is out there.
But back to my hope in a bottle. I would like to end my post with a tribute to that which is white and wonderful:
O little buspar pill
With you I feel not ill
My mangriness subsides
and I can go for rides
on rainbow coaster cars
and capture twinkly stars
O life is yummy
when you're in my tummy
O little buspar pill.





2 comments:
Hey Stephanie, I was in the AL 2nd ward. I grew up with Matt. Amanda Miller...ring a bell? Anyways, I found your blog through some other peoples blogs. It is good to get in touch with people!
I read about you going to cafe rio! I love their pork salad. Here is a link to the recipe
http://wirewhisk.blogspot.com/2007/11/pork-barbecue-cafe-rio-style.html
Enjoy!
U R C-R-A-Z-Y!!! You make me laugh.
P.S. The word verification thing said "zit" how fitting! hahahhaha!
Post a Comment