I found this in a pile of old papers the other day and thought it was too cute not to post. It is reminiscent of a younger, more innocent era. I'm thinking Matt must have been around two, and Allen and I five and four. I also think there's a lot of foreshadowing going on in these letters!
My letter:
"Dear Santa
I want a special Book. I also want some pretend makeup and a Brooke Shields Makeup doll. I would like you to bring me some blocks about this big and in the shapes I have drawn.
Sincerely
Stephanie Dickson"
Al's letter:
"Dear Santa
Please Bring a GI Joe for my Brother Matt. Do you have any treats? I will draw a picture of you for you when you come to our house on Christmas Eve. Did you know that my hair is brown?
Sincerely
Allen Dickson
P.S. I would also like a gun."
Matt's Letter as written by Dad:
Dear Santa
I am too little to tell you what I want. So my Daddy is telling you for me. I would like all of the Toast in the whole world. I also want Lots and Lots of Toys.
Sincerely
Matt Dickson"
Note the keywords: Steph=book, makeup (she likes books and makeup still)
Allen=gun, hair (he likes guns, he loves his hair even more)
Matt=toast (does he still like toast this much? I don't know.
breadsticks, perhaps???)





2 comments:
What I want to know is where's my letter??? I was alive in 1983 BEFORE Christmas!!! Are you sure you got the year right? Maybe your thoughts about foreshadowing are correct...
well, i first thought it was 1982 but then i didn't think allen was talkative enough to tell santa about his hair. ask mom when this was!!
Post a Comment