1.28.2011

Rant #3: The Illusion of Imperfection

How's everyone doing out there?

Good, good.

Here is my next rant on the year: people that use the following phrases on their blogs:

"Not to pat myself on the back, but . . . " Translation: Congrats, you just did. Need a ribbon to go with that?

" . . . white shirts are recommended because they add to the dignity of the ordinance. However, they should not be required . . ." Translation: if you don't wear a white shirt while blessing the sacrament you're a lazy disrepectful slob. Only poor people who can't afford white shirts should be wearing colors. How about saying, "There is no dress code for blessing the sacrament, except for a humble spirit."

"I'm just not working hard enough! I made roast chicken, homemade rolls, three vegetable dishes, and a cheesecake. Next time I'll have to do even more . . ." Translation: Look what an amazing person I am!!! I have my life together in ways you can never dream of!

"Everyone says it's hard, but it's not hard for me!" Translation: You suck; I rule.

"I have no debt and tons of equity in my house." Translation: You suck even harder; I am super cool and better than you. I am untouchable in my awesomeness.

"I have my faults, and here they are . . . ", while proceeding to list stupid things that no one gives a crap about. Translation: I am about to be translated, so keep away from me.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Who? Meeee?! (imagine me putting my hand to chest, and eyes wide open, feining surprise)

shayne said...

Read MATCHED by Allie Condy (sp?). FREAKING AMAZING! Imagine a modernized Brave New World with a twisted love story.