1.15.2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Yes, I know it's not V-day yet, but since I never got around to sending a Christmas update with our cards, I'm going to send a Valentine's Day update. A month early, even. How cool am I.

2010 Memories

1. Taking the penguin plunge into the icy Atlantic waters with Roger and co. Note to self: there is a reason why normal people don't do this.

2. Buh-buh-buh-bowsah love! For Miss Maddie's Big 7, she got a cute little cat from the Humane Society shelter named Bowser. Who is a girl. Luckily, such inconsistencies are par for the course in our house.

3. Ryan graduated from Em Eye Tee. He now works in a warehouse and sweeps stuff. Woo-hoo! Who says an education can't take you to new heights?

4. My b-day: my best memory is that GQ (my MIL) gave me a sassy card that says the word "bitch" on it. She knows me well!

5. Ethan: winning his bunny run in Boothbay, making the Classic White team at LFC, and just generally being the awesomest soccer player ever.

6. And speaking of soccer . . . World Cup Memories. I remember how Ethan and I clutched each other as the Americans looked like they were going to lose to Algeria . . . and the joy we felt when Landon-the-man-don Donovan pulled us through. The tears, the laughter, and the love.

7. Working for UK. (No, not "uck." It's prounounced "You Kay.") I still work for them as an editor. I edit things. And stuff.

8. Chilling with Scott. Scott Card, that is. And being threatened with my life by him for writing such crap.

9. Flying out to Utah for Thanksgiving with Ethan and Maddie in tow. Ryan eating Thanksgiving at a Chinese restaurant with his amazon buddies. Life is good.

10. An electric guitar and a piano appeared as Christmas gifts. Let's just say the Partridge family had better watch out. Cue "Sunshine of Your Love" riff. Yeah.



2 comments:

Natalie said...

What an awesome year! My only complaint, is that you didn't tell of the awesome time you had when I came to visit you. I thought for sure that would make Top 10. For sure.

shayne said...

OH MY GOSH! I read the first Trylle book LAST NIGHT. The whole thing! At first I hated her style of writing. You know, like the short simple sentences. I thought she offered little in way of "painting a picture". After I got used to it though, I got SO into the story. I loved it! I already ordered the next too. Apparently she just wrote the first book of a zombie series, so I'm super excited.
P.S. I don't know much about your taste in music but I PROMISE you will love this rock opera by The Decemeberists called The Hazard of Love. It has an amazing story that should be turned into a book and the music is awesome!