
Okay. As most of you know, I work the midnight shift at the library. Lately I've been dragging bottom - who knows why. Tonight I finally got to the point where I had to either curl up under my desk and sleep, or pump my veins full of caffeine.
I sent a student on a mission to retrieve such a carbonated beverage from a machine across campus.
The above pic shows what happened next. See the little Amp perched precariously?
So my poor student, probably fearful that she would lose her job if she didn't come back with the juice, queried two young males passing by. Would they be so kind as to tip the machine for her?
The young men (dressed inexplicably like twin Willy Wonkas, she mentioned) rocked the machine to the point of possible collapse, but the orange can refused to move. Instead, a SoBe energy drink that had been tucked in safely in another slot popped out and offered itself as a sacrifice instead.
Now I have my caffeine and the world is a cheerier place.
The moral of the story: Don't judge men in purple suits.





3 comments:
Don't you hate when that happens? What library do you work at? I remembered you worked at the HBLL in college - you have a thing for working in libraries huh?
Total bummer. But, it's good to know that there are quirkilly dressed helpers around when you need them most.
hey do you ever get online? I am usually on when I work thru the night and I will keep you entertained!
Post a Comment