What am I lovin'? Life, of course. It's cooler than Nam to be back in a house that we can call our own. I don't know how, but Ethan and Maddie know it's theirs and they are so proud of it. (Sometimes a little too proud, Maddie calling out "That's our yard!" if someone puts a foot on our lawn without permission.) The monkeys spend hours outside riding their bikes, exploring, and playing in their secret clubhouse (a corner behind the junction of two large bushes). Invariably we pick up one or two neighbor kids, which is awesome, 'cause I've never lived in a 'hood with a Buttercream Gang before. The kids run in a pack and good times abound.
We've already met more of our neighbors in two weeks than we did in a year and a half in our Coral Canyon neighborhood. These peeps are down to earth folks and we've quite enjoyed our association with them. Little do they know the Quinlans, however. We just might bring a splash of white trash with us! Not. Well, we hope not.
Yes, we do indeed have a pink toilet and tub. Sue us. But if all goes well someday soon we will re-do that bathroom. And just because we get asked this all the time, Ryan's job is the same as it has always been. Always on the verge of becoming non-existent. The company is fighting, but who knows what will happen with the economy. Still, what would life be without a little adventure to it? And if Ryan's job does go south, we can always move in with Natalie and Ray, now that they've got their new home! :)
2 days ago





2 comments:
Yeah, come on over! You should see the place. We painted most of the downstairs, and it already looks a million times better. Now we just have to finish it and do the upstairs. I had no idea how long a process painting was until we started. It took Catherine and I almost 3 hours just to tape and lay down the plastic! Dad came over and helped and did a HUGE chunk himself and even did the vaulted wall! You have to come down and see the place.
I'm glad you guys are loving the new place! Good luck with setting everything up. I'll have to give you my take on Breaking Dawn soon. :)
Post a Comment