7.13.2008

Shave ice and butterflies

We did an awesome hike yesterday up the north side of Pine Valley Mountain, called the Forsyth trail. It was shaded with a mixture of aspens, cedars, and maples. An idyllic stream criss-crossed the trail at several points and we traversed over log bridges. One of my fave parts of the hike was coming into a small meadow, round, not unlike the one I imagined in Twilight. Tall grasses with beautiful wildflowers surrounded by the forest . . .

It was pretty awesome. We probably hiked about six miles. I could have sworn that someone stole the parking lot where we parked our car, as it seemed an eternity on the way back. But we made it, and as a reward we bought some shave ice from Rachel. If you've never had a shave ice before, know that it is not a snow cone. It's like butt-ah, and it holds the syrupy goodness well.

Oh, before I forget, Maddie wants me to let you know that Ethan caught a Tiger Butterfly on the hike.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love the Twilight reference. I keep seeing vampires everywhere, now. It's not really healthy. But I wish I could have seen it too. Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the area.