

This week I got to hold some Mark Hoffman forgeries.
For those that don't know, Mark Hoffman murdered two people in the eighties because his forgeries were about to be discovered. Read about it here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hoffman He forged many Mormon and American documents, from money to personal correspondence. I was able to handle three pieces of his money forgeries this week while we were cleaning up the safe at DSC. They were incredibly done. I can see why he faked out so many people for so long.
On the other end of the scale, I also got to hold a first edition Book of Mormon. It was beautiful to behold. Although Mormonism is now part of my past, it gave me chills to see the book that has meant so much to so many people.
For those that don't know, Mark Hoffman murdered two people in the eighties because his forgeries were about to be discovered. Read about it here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hoffman He forged many Mormon and American documents, from money to personal correspondence. I was able to handle three pieces of his money forgeries this week while we were cleaning up the safe at DSC. They were incredibly done. I can see why he faked out so many people for so long.
On the other end of the scale, I also got to hold a first edition Book of Mormon. It was beautiful to behold. Although Mormonism is now part of my past, it gave me chills to see the book that has meant so much to so many people.





3 comments:
Yep, that guy was a turd. What a shame that his great abilities and talents were wasted on trying to hurt good people.
I'm jealous about you getting to hold a first edition!
You left mormonism behind? Hmmmmm. Is your name deleted? Apparently you want to stay a member "just in case".
Leave it to mom to hit right at the heart of things! Hahahaha!
Post a Comment