Meet Bowser.
Here Bowser is napping in the sun on Maddie's bed. I will tell you the story of how she came to live at our house.
Maddie has been wanting a cat for a long time, so we decided we were going to go out to look at the shelter cats since her birthday is this week.
When we walked into the cat room at the Coastal Humane Society, there were lots of cats of all shapes and sizes roaming around. One cat was in her cage, and when we walked by she started meowing at us to let her out. We let her out and she immediately came to us. I noticed her name tag said, "Betty--a.k.a. Bowser". We played with "Betty" until she got bored and ran outside. I called her but she didn't seem to hear. I then called her name "Bowser" and she ran right back and let me hold her.
A staff member heard me calling her Bowser and tried to correct me. "That's actually a girl cat. The people who had her before (for two years) thought she was a boy and named her that." Well, I didn't want to argue with the lady, but it was clear that "Bowser" knew who she was, and didn't seem to care that it was a "boy's" name.
Sadly for Bowser, her previous owner's declawed her. I can't figure out why they gave her up. We have had her now for five days and she is an awesome cat. She is playful and cuddly--almost too cuddly. Any time I am lying down she comes down and parks her bod on my chest. Apparently we are all her personal blankets.
Well, so far everything is going well. Ethan and I are both allergic to cats, but so far we have not had any reactions. If that holds true over the next couple weeks, Bowser is going to be a permanent member of the resq-team.





2 comments:
Fun times! So, is Bowser still around? How are the allergies? How is Aspen taking to her?
She's cute! We could never have a cat - Dan's deathly allergic to them and I think Charlie might be too.
Post a Comment