5.19.2009

Makeover Imminent

Hey everyone, I'm super excited to announce that soon my blog will have a new look. That's right, I have commissioned the Blog Fairy to transform my boring and blase template to something fresh and fabulous! I am excited because she has done awesome work (check her stuff out at www.theblogfairy.com).

Now, for a little update on the fam. Ethan has given us a roller coaster ride the past week. On Sunday we had to call an ambulance because he had a seizure. It was the scariest thing I've ever seen! He had had a high fever earlier that day. The paramedics told us that when we gave him Tylenol, it dropped his fever so fast that his body seized in reaction. Luckily, seizures cause no harm and aren't lasting. Ethan ended up being diagnosed with a viral infection.

We were supposed to go to Escalante on Tuesday, but with Ethan's viral infection on the mend, we decided to wait one more day to make sure he was completely recovered. On Thursday, when we had been in Escalante less than 24 hours, Ethan became listless and started coughing and vomiting. His temp skyrocketed to 103.7 so we had to throw all our camping stuff in the car and hurry back to get him to the doctor.

The next day, after doing chest x-rays, the docs surmised that Ethan had walking pneumonia. WTH? I thought there were vaccines for that!

And then, not to be outdone, Maddie went to school on Friday and vomited in front of her whole class. Luckily Grammie Q was with her and brought her home. Her face was bloodless, white as a sheet. She had a dance concert that night that we thought she was going to miss. Fortunately, Maddie was so excited to show Rog and GQ her performance that she had a late afternoon rally and was prancing around the stage that evening.

Ethan is finally better after a round of heavy duty antibiotics. Whew!

On a funny note, it seems that whenever my kids vomit, the Quinlans are there to witness the event. (Think Ryan's graduation and the program that served as a makeshift bucket.)

So that's the latest and greatest from the res-q team. Can't wait for you guys to see the new look!

5 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

WOW! I am glad they are ok!

A said...

Sheesh! You've had quite the week, and to think I was seriously considering calling Ryan to tell him he's been a bad friend (only teasing of course). All teasing aside--it's me who has been the bad friend. Can I drop off food, clean your bathrooms or go grocery shopping for you? I'm so sorry about E and M. Glad they are on the mend. Hope you and Ryan are doing well. Speaking of you (and me), our b-days are around the corner. We should make lunch plans with Racher.

Katie said...

Oh, that is so scary! I'm glad to hear that he is alright. Also, I'm glad Mom and Dad were there to represent the family at this vomiting event.

luckyduck said...

Well, you sure got us beat! I thought we were having a tough time of it with all of us getting colds - and not much sleep. Glad to hear everything's okay now.

luckyduck said...

BTW, love your blog's new look!