5.20.2009

I'm No Arborist, but . . .

I’m no arborist, but something is up with my tree.

Last October we paid John from Professional Tree Service of St. George, Utah, to come trim our cypress tree.

It looked great for about a week, then I noticed the limbs were starting to die off. In fact, since October, so many limbs have died off that our beloved tree no longer has a top. It’s a sides-only tree. Sad.

John admitted to me in January that the tree was probably in shock from its pruning.

I’m no arborist, but it seems if I were one like John I would trim trees so they wouldn’t go into shock. But that’s just me.

When I tried calling him out on my dying tree today, he shot off a snotty reply about how “I need to educate myself about trees,” which, oddly enough, was what I had contracted him for. I assumed that he would know how to trim a tree without killing it.

My mistake.

But I won’t be making that mistake again any time soon. Hence the reason for this post. I hope that when people google tree services in St. George, Utah, they will read this post and think twice before hiring an arborist that causes his leafy clients to go into shock and lose their tops.

I’m no arborist, but John, you suck.

2 comments:

luckyduck said...

Dang! I say you put in a complaint about this John guy with the BBB. That way, anyone who is considering using him can find out about his not so expert services.

rachel ramsay said...

a: new blog makeover is very happy!
b: john does suck
c: i remember when we were friends and hung out sometimes..
4: let's catch up
4.: seriously. what's happening?