9.29.2010

So I am on a lunch break right now and I realized I haven't updated my blog in awhile.

All is peachy-keen here in Kentucky. (Hey, that reminds me! Do you remember the Pee-Chee folders from way back when?) I love love love our neighborhood. (Notwithstanding 5 armed robberies within blocks of us in the last week. And we're arguably the nicest neighborhood in Lex.) Our neighbors our awesome, the school is cool, and it just feels like home.

I never thought I would say that. I thought our time here (which looks to be at least two years) would be like our hellacious experience in Nebraska. I look back on those few years as the "Dark Ages," when sane people were few and far between, myself included.

It's not that way here.

I have met some awesome people at work and among Ethan's soccer team parents.

The kids have started to find some bosom buddies.

I love my job. I really do. I'm good at it and it's rewarding. (It's better than the Prozac I scarf down daily.) Right now I am contracted until November. I hope they'll find some more $ so I can stay on.

The res-q team likes to take things one day at a time. And you know what? It's working. We're trying to make our mark here like we did in Maine.

I hope all is going as well for you as it is for us. It's definitely not perfect--bumps, bruises, and fights about who the best team in the Premier League is (ManU,BTW), but all downs make the moments of up really worth it.

Go Man U.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

"Our neighbors OUR awesome..." Aren't you an editor?! Hahahaha! I had a good chuckle. Nice to know someone is still there.

Reggs said...

Hooray! Glad you are enjoying your new abode. Please send your new address, (pretty) please!

Katie said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it down there. I remember Kentucky being really pretty. Am I remembering accurately?
Go RES-Q teaM!

luckyduck said...

It sounds nice there! Glad to hear your kids are liking it too. I actually know a family that moved there last year. If you meet the Creasmans, tell them I said hi. They're awesome.