Apparently, Ryan claims I was a bear to live with for the past couple months of our Kentucky adventure. What, me? I'm ALWAYS in a good mood!
Well, I am now, anyways. Because I got a job! That's right, after my week of love with Orson Scott Card* I will be working as a website article editor for the University of Kentucky.
This is really exciting to me because I've always wanted to be an editor. I love catching other people's mistakes. And plus how cool is it that you get to say you're an editor.
Neighbor: What do you do?
Me: (shrugging shoulders nonchalantly) I'm an editor.
Neighbor: Wow, really?
Me: Yeah. It's nothing, really. It's just editing, you know. Practically anyone can do it.
Inside my brain: Except they can't, beatches!!! Ha ha ha!
Only one caveat with this job: It lasts only 3 weeks. At the end of the three weeks if they like me and have the $, they can hire me on permanently. If not then I take another temporary job until I'm hired full time. Here's hoping they like me!
*I am referring to the week I will be spending starting on Sunday with Orson Scott Card and his belly. I am going to live in the dorms at Southern Virginia University until the following Saturday, writing, musing, and trying to make a pass at OSC.





4 comments:
Yessssss!!!
"beatches!!" That's right, tell them all off! Especially me, with all of my horrible punctuation and run-on sentences.
Yay, welcome back to the blogging world!
Hurray! Congrats! That's a great job for you. I hope they have the money to keep you on.
Post a Comment