Okay, so my SIL Reagan asked me about how my book is going lately.
The answer: not so hot, but getting better. I now have 24 pages (5800 words). I need about 100 more pages before I can submit it to an editor.
The bad thing about writing a book is that I've tried this several times already and usually get tired of it around 40 pages.
The good thing about writing this particular book is that I don't think I will tire of it. It is also the first time I have had an outline from beginning to end.
I don't want to reveal the outline of my plot since this is a public blog. If you want to know the outline, email me and I will send you the plot. Basically it is a typical romance that takes place during the Victorian period in England. I am asking you all a favor, however. I think it will be easier to write if I can give my main heroine a proper name. Right now I use a lame stand-in name because I just can't think of one. I need some suggestions! My heroine is a brunette in her mid-twenties and is a feisty, intelligent girl from the country.
Feel free to submit as many names as you like!
2 days ago





4 comments:
Eponine is my entry...after a song by Ozma
I never had the balls to name a kid Scarlet, even though I think its a sweet name. Not very victorian. Raven? That's a brunette. Ummm...Bronte?
I'm terrible at this. Write the book already so i can live vicariously through you!
Steph?!? Are you writing a story about me? I'm flattered. If that is the case, I give you leave to name her Kate. If you don't like that, then here is my abridged list of names that I think would be good:
Lotta (Zach says this name could go porno pretty quickly, though)
Maggie
Dorcus (This name is definitely underused)
Rosemary
Violet
Annie
Tansy (It's a flower)
Lucy
Izzy
Mallory
Vivian (Very sassy)
Louisa
Carmen
Gwenyth (Gwen)
Kitty
Adelaide (Addy for short)
Ember
Becca
Janay (For good measure)
I hope that helps some. :)
Very nice! I am going to consider all your suggestions then let you know!
Post a Comment