
okay, so my awesome friend linda just tagged me and i'm supposed to say ten things that annoy me. shoot! i'm like a kid in the candy store with this one . . . i guess i'll have to narrow it down to just ten . . .
1. when people say "i like gay people i just don't think they should be allowed to get married"
2. when people yell at their kids in front of me. if you're doing that in front of me, what, pray tell, are you doing to the poor child behind doors?
3. when my fave shows (i.e. house hunters, chuck, 30 rock, the office, 48 hours mystery) don't tape on the dvr for some inexplicable reason. now it's back to watching king of queens reruns . . .
4. when my hubby steals my leftovers that i have been salivating for. keep your filthy paws off my yummy steak, ryan!
5. overdue fines--i owe the library almost fifty bucks
6. the way gas prices seem to follow no real-world supply and demand--by the way, whose rich uncle is out there bidding up the barrels of crude that had me reduced to mere pedestrian methods a few months ago?
7. book snobs. if you only read the finest literature (aka "the classics") then i have nothing to say to you--other than, pick up a trashy romance novel, jerk!
(wow, i'm really getting worked up here!)
8. dog poop
9. mary kay parties. hey, i like their stuff. it's just, how many times do i have to hear that if i don't wash with their anti-aging magic cleanser then i'm going to have the face of a trucker?
10. acne. it bites. and it bites even more in my thirties.
1. when people say "i like gay people i just don't think they should be allowed to get married"
2. when people yell at their kids in front of me. if you're doing that in front of me, what, pray tell, are you doing to the poor child behind doors?
3. when my fave shows (i.e. house hunters, chuck, 30 rock, the office, 48 hours mystery) don't tape on the dvr for some inexplicable reason. now it's back to watching king of queens reruns . . .
4. when my hubby steals my leftovers that i have been salivating for. keep your filthy paws off my yummy steak, ryan!
5. overdue fines--i owe the library almost fifty bucks
6. the way gas prices seem to follow no real-world supply and demand--by the way, whose rich uncle is out there bidding up the barrels of crude that had me reduced to mere pedestrian methods a few months ago?
7. book snobs. if you only read the finest literature (aka "the classics") then i have nothing to say to you--other than, pick up a trashy romance novel, jerk!
(wow, i'm really getting worked up here!)
8. dog poop
9. mary kay parties. hey, i like their stuff. it's just, how many times do i have to hear that if i don't wash with their anti-aging magic cleanser then i'm going to have the face of a trucker?
10. acne. it bites. and it bites even more in my thirties.





6 comments:
I totally agree with husbands stealing their wives leftovers. Ummm... you would kill us if we touched yours, so stay the 'f' away from my food!
And do I annoy you? I can't help but notice what your number 1 is. :)
** BTW,I had posted something earlier (regarding your number 1), but when I reread it, I thought maybe someone might want to start a debate, and I really don't want that, so I deleted it.
oh nats, so diplomatic of you! and no, i wasn't talking about you on number one. i should have put a family and friends disclaimer on that one. i'm mostly talking about neighbors and colleagues.
I'm with you on #10 so you're not the only one!
Sarah's with you on numbers 2 and 4, and I am totally down with you on number 7. Book snobs are what's wrong with the world today. I feel they should be told that in the author's time, many of these so-called "classics" were considered just as smutty as [insert name of some Harlequin Romance novel] - oh, I'll give it a shot: The Blithedale Romance was considered just as smutty then as The Millionaire's Turkish Bride or Piracy and the Lustful Loins are today.
Though, I do like some of the classics. Siddhartha, for one. Bored the snot out of many, but I liked it.
2, 6, 8, & 9. I'll totally back you on all of those. :)
Post a Comment