4.28.2008

80+ hours a week and loving it!

I have thought about this awhile, and now I'm not above saying it: I have TWO FULL-TIME jobs.

My first job begins at 8:30 a.m. as I reluctantly roll out of bed, down a bowl of Cracklin' Oat Bran, and drive Ethan to school. Luckily for me, 9 out of 10 mornings Ethan is already dressed and has fed himself. (He is in first grade.) Sure I have the appearance of death warmed over and sure we are inevitably ten minutes late, but by golly I get him there.

Then Maddie and I drive back home. I didn't tell you about Maddie before, but it does bear mentioning that Maddie does not do anything quick unless the words "candy" or "spiders" are involved. So from 8:30 to 8:45 it is always a battle to get her out of her pull-up and even into the car. 9 out of 10 mornings she rides with me in only her underwear.

So anyways, we get home and of course I didn't get much sleep so it's time to watch American Justice or Sell This House (depending on my morbidity mood) and nap. Only, I know today is crazy busy, so no nap. Shower time.

After showering I go to the post office, then to Target, then to wherever else I have to go do to remain a minimally functioning member of society. Mondays are also the days that I go to Coral Canyon and help out in the class room. I always get a headache after here because it's always art afternoons and the art teacher is an old lady that flusters around yelling little orders here and there but never fully explaining to the kids what they are indeed supposed to do.

Ethan and I then hit the road for his gymnastics class. Normally I just drop him off, but today I had a little extra time so I watched him climb a rope to the ceiling and do crunches like they were going out of style.

Then it's off to my SECOND JOB. This job is from 4 until midnight. It is at the library. It involves books. Sadly does not involve professional food tasting. Because really, what goes better with a bunch of books then a bunch of gourmet food to munch on? We really need a bunch of old ladies with sample carts here posted at every libray aisle offering victuals to both the studious student and starving staff member. According to Maslow (of the famous 'Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs') we can't be moral, creative, spontaneous (and you how how spontaneous we librarians are) or whatever unless we have had our basic need of food filled. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

Anyway, my whole point of this blog is to say that I have two freaking jobs. As long as my two two-legged animals live with me I will have two jobs.

No comments: