The first change I wanted to tell you about is that I have temporarily shut down my "Uncensored Philosopher's" blog. I have decided to do this while Ryan in in school and both of us are looking for jobs. I just
don't think it's a good idea to have such personal essays and ideas on the web for potential employers to see. For that reason, UP will remain closed until Ryan starts his new job in Cincinnati and I find work there as well. Look for a reopening around late summer of 2010.Also, you may have noticed I have stopped using Facebook. I stopped because of the same reasons mentioned above. I hope to resume that around the same time next year. Nothing has happened and I don't expect it to; it's just I watch CNN everyday and there's always some story about someone getting screwed over on Facebook or their blog, etc. I don't want to take any chances!!!
Life continues to be good here. Ethan and Maddie are two plays, "The Polar Express" and "Duck at the Door." Both of them seem to enjoy being in the limelight. Ethan is the conductor and the bunny, and Maddie is the sign holder, train passenger, and kitty. Undoubtedly they will be making their next stop on Broadway.
I have recently joined a writer's group here in BB. We meet twice monthly to share excerpts from our books. I am the only one under 50, so it should be interesting when I tell the group that I'm doing a hot and dirty romance. Actually, they are a smart group and almost all are excellent writers. Already I have gotten ideas for my own book. Unfortunately, there are one or two who write prose poetry, and it makes me ill to my stomach. How do you tell someone you simply can't bear to listen to their lame streams of conciousness? Who would want to read it? Oh well.
Also a new change: I will finally be volunteering at the school! For the next two weeks, the crazy freaks at BR elementary school are finally letting me help. For those of you that don't know, I have been into the office to meet with the vice principal no less than five times to discuss a volunteer position. The snooty vp lady kept giving me excuses on why they didn't need help: "Oh the teachers have their own way of doing things;" or, my fave, "This time of year is just too busy." I replied, "It sounds like you could use some help, then." She just glared at me and replied, "The teachers don't want to take the time to train someone." As if. As if cutting out squares of paper or laminating stuff requires a degree. But wait--I do have a degree--in education! Fancy that. Oh how I h--- BR elementary school . . .
Anyhoo, if the next couple weeks go well, I may be on my way to being a true blue volunteer. Hooray for me!





2 comments:
Won't take volunteers? That's crazy talk I tell you. I've never heard such a thing. Maybe it's just you. ;D So, who did Ryan get a job with if you know you'll be in Cincinnati? And when does said job begin? And Ethan and Maddie are acting now?! Wow! Sounds like fun!
Congrats to Ethan and Maddie. And have fun with the volunteering. I didn't realize there were places in this world who weren't begging for a FREE helping hand. How far along on your steamy romance novel are you? Can't wait to read the censored version. Good luck on it.
Post a Comment