9.06.2008

Homeowners once again

So it looks like we're going to be homeowners again after over four years of renting.

Today we went under contract for our "new" 1800 sf home in the historic district of SG. It actually is a 1946 home, loaded with character and charm. It is a one story white house and it looks great from the outside. The inside is nice and has great achitecture and wood floors, although the kitchen and bathroom need to be updated. It currently has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, but the attic is big enough to be converted into another room or two. Another thing I like is that the house has the original crank-turn windows with original glass.

The house itself sits on a 1/3 of an acre with 5 insanely huge shade trees. It also has an awesome circular shaded driveway. It is the closest house to East Elementary, where the kids go to school.

So I don't have pics yet, but I'm hoping to get some in the next couple days. We have to close before Oct. 1st so hopefully all will go well.

2 comments:

A said...

i'm so excited for you guys--and secretly jealous too. i love that house. if i'd known it was on the market. . .thank goodness it's moving on to good hands. i hope i get a dinner invite when you are all settled in. i really want to do some exploring. i didn't get to check it out too much when i was there last year, but it's definitely one of my st. g favs. true character and charm. how could you go wrong? CONGRATS! p.s. if you need some help moving, call on me.

Stef said...

A, I would love to have you come explore our house. You can see the cellar where I will put my kids when they are naughty . . ha ha . . . I also need some design input. How will I keep the character of the forties while updating the features??? :)